Republicans in the U.S. House are voting on the final version of a federal budget proposal that is a dream come true for Wall Street, CEOs, and the richest 1% in this country.
It is going to mean double trouble for families in the 99 percent.
First, Rep. Allen West and other Republicans in Congress would hand out even more huge tax giveaways to millionaires and large corporations – the stale “trickle down” strategy that only works for the richest 1%.
Then, to pay for those massive tax breaks, they make harsh cuts to our communities that impact the rest of us.
Just a few examples of the cuts:
- STUDENTS – cuts and changes to popular Pell grants
- VETERANS – cuts to mental health services
- SENIORS – cuts and changes to Medicare and Medicaid
- STRUGGLING HOMEOWNERS – cuts to loan modifications that avoid foreclose
- CHILDREN IN NEED – cuts free meals at schools
Tell Rep.West to Stop Tax Giveaways to the Richest 1% And STAND UP for the 99%